Peer Mentoring project aiming to increase community participation, self-confidence and to also provide the peer mentor with new social and employment skills. Peer mentors would be responsible for:
- Attending 4 youth work sessions to look at issues such as social isolation, youth work skills and techniques, and issues that may arise when working with peers.
- Monthly steering groups to look at progress and any areas for improvement. Also, to celebrate successes and peer mentor impact/outcomes.
- Deliver a 5 week community project with a younger peer group. Projects will involve supporting or helping vulnerable or disadvantaged community members ie. Gardening, shopping etc.
- Peer mentor to gain an AQA in peer mentoring.
- Peer group volunteers to gain an AQA in volunteering.
- Peer mentors to complete an end of project evaluation and report with support off centre staff.